      From: suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com [mailto: suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Craig McLaughlin
      Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2011 3:22 PM
      To: suth_to_aus@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] Re: NEW MEMBER ON THE LIST

      Just saw your parent question.

      Jessie was one of ten from Culkein, about 8 miles North of Lochinver.  Her parents were Hector (Eachain) and Georgina (Seordaig) MacLeod, who ran the general store at Culkein, which became the Post Office in the 1930s..  Of the 10 siblings, two stayed in Culkein (the PO stayed in the family until its closure in 1983), three relocated within the UK , four went to BC in Canada and Jessie to Australia .

      I myself was born and bred in Glasgow but now live in Canada ( Toronto )..  I spent many summers in Assynt as a boy and have been fortunate to take my own children back a couple of times already to show them the amazing scenery.

      All the best,
      Craig

      On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Jenelle Mccarrick <jmac2005@...> wrote:

      No worries..I’ll have a look too.