1970Re: [suth_to_aus] Hughina Clarke Ross

    Aug 3, 2010
      Coral
      i am just off to bed
      I'll give you the rest of the children I have found on my discs tomorrow.

      One of the children has Tulloch as a second name..so I tagged onto that.
      Judy

      I have found Hughina’s mother’s (Christina) death certificate.  She died in 1899 in Newstead, and it says her husband is George Tulloch Ross, so I assume the death in Echuca is Hughina’s father.  I have Christina’s death certificate, it says she was born in Sutherland Shire,Scotland (yet again nothing more).

      I have found births of 2 youngest children in Victoria , but she has 7 children, Hughina supposedly born in Scotland and according to all records it would appear they came to Australia in about 1855.  So far I haven’t had a chance to look for shipping records.

      Coral Jones

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic