1147Re: [suth_to_aus] Looking for advice - UK immigrant to Aust

    Dec 7, 2008

      Elizabeth,
      have you checked out the bdm, new south wales for Daly deaths (they are online till 1977), also try google it, Ryerson Index.
      Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 2:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [suth_to_aus] Looking for advice - UK immigrant to Aust

      Judy

      Thanks a lot but don't worry any more about it.

      Elizabeth

      From: Judy <raigmore@westnet. com.au>
      To: suth_to_aus@ yahoogroups. com

      Elizabeth
      Any idea of the rest of the family member's names ? parents?
      I can check Vic deaths to 1989
      Qld Electoral rolls 1922 and 1934
      Judy
      Qld

      >I have been having a look on behalf of a member of a UK forum, for a
      > family which they believe came to Australia in the late 1920s or 30s.
      > They don't nominate a state, and probably don't really appreciate the
      > size of Aust and the fact that the records we have currently available
      > are different to theirs. The family have been checked on Ancestry so
      > that bit's been done. You people seem much more expert than me. Have
      > you any suggestions for online sources, particularly for the states
      > other than NSW(where at least I can run through it's BDMs). I will
      > get to the State Lib and check out what electoral information is
      > available.
      > I have forgotten what years Ancestry covers for that but I checked it
      > out today at the local library.
      >
      > The father's name is Paul J(probably Joseph) Daly, born 1886. Of
      > course he may not have enrolled to vote.
      >
      > Thanks in anticipation
      > Elizabeth

      9:57 AM

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.