1126Looking for advice - UK immigrant to Aust

  • elizsh
    Dec 5, 2008
      I have been having a look on behalf of a member of a UK forum, for a
      family which they believe came to Australia in the late 1920s or 30s.
      They don't nominate a state, and probably don't really appreciate the
      size of Aust and the fact that the records we have currently available
      are different to theirs. The family have been checked on Ancestry so
      that bit's been done. You people seem much more expert than me. Have
      you any suggestions for online sources, particularly for the states
      other than NSW(where at least I can run through it's BDMs). I will
      get to the State Lib and check out what electoral information is
      available.
      I have forgotten what years Ancestry covers for that but I checked it
      out today at the local library.

      The father's name is Paul J(probably Joseph) Daly, born 1886. Of
      course he may not have enrolled to vote.

      Thanks in anticipation
      Elizabeth
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic