Urban Ecotourism Conference

  • Planeta Newsdesk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      Planeta.com announces the dates of our 14th online event -- the Urban
      Ecotourism Conference: September 20-30, 2004
      >> http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/tour/urban.html

      The 2004 Urban Ecotourism Conference will review how cities conserve the
      environment -- from creating parks to educating young and old alike. We will
      also look at the role cities play as gateways to remote areas. We'll also
      look at innovative alternatives to urban sprawl and share lessons learned --
      what to repeat and what to avoid!

      ** FEATURED WEBSITES **

      Planeta.com
      Urban Parks: Innovate Or Stagnate
      Project for Public Spaces
      Urban Ecology
      Terrain.org
      Planetizen
      Ciudades Sustentables

      ** RECOMMENDED READING **

      David Engwicht
      Street Reclaiming, New Society Publishers, 1999

      Kent Portney
      Taking Sustainable Cities Seriously, MIT Press, 2002

      Matthew Gandy
      Concrete and Clay: Reworking Nature in New York City, MIT, 2002

      - Ron Mader