responsibletravel.com- first to offer a carbon comparison flight search

  • Claire
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      responsibletravel.com, the world's leading travel agent for responsible
      holidays, has announced that it will offer travellers a flight search
      which compares not only prices, but carbon emissions of different
      airlines for requested routes.Following on from responsibletravel.com's
      carbon reduction campaign (and decision to remove carbon offsetting)
      launched last month it is a move that adds a tangible dimension to the
      "when you fly make it count" advice set out on the carbon caution page
      of the site: www.responsibletravel.com/carboncaution Justin Francis, MD,
      responsibletravel.com said: "We were the first travel agency to enable
      tourists to make an informed choice about the holidays they book - based
      on how they address the social, economic and environmental impacts. "It
      is exciting to be at the next stage and be the first to offer informed
      choices, based on carbon emissions, when booking flights. Ultimately we
      all need to take responsibility for reducing our carbon emissions. While
      flying less is a priority the reality is that tourists continue to want
      to visit destinations that require a flight. By offering a comparative
      lower carbon flight search, based on the carbon efficiency of different
      airlines, we are able to offer a practical guide to relative carbon
      travel." Francis adds, "And if consumer demand starts to reward
      efficient airlines our expectation is that more airlines will disclose
      exact fuel consumption and work much harder towards being less
      polluting."
      For the full details please
      <www.mailshotmagic.com/Mail/Mail.asp?MailID=768>