BARBADOS-BASED ATLANTIS SUBMARINES CERTIFIED BY GREEN GLOBE

  • erik.blommestein
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      BARBADOS-BASED ATLANTIS SUBMARINES FIRST TO BE CERTIFIED BY GREEN GLOBE/GREEN CERTIFICATIONS PROGRAM
      Green Globe International, Inc. and Green Certifications, Inc., which have together launched a dual certification program for businesses in the travel and hospitality markets, today announced that Atlantis Submarines Barbados is the first attraction to achieve certification under the dual Green Globe/Green Certifications program.

      Atlantis Submarines in Bridgetown, Barbados operates an authentic submarine which is part of the largest fleet of recreational submarines in the world and daily takes guests to depths of 130 feet and deeper to explore the natural reef off the west coast of Barbados. For more information on Atlantis Submarines Barbados, please visit http://www.atlantisadventures.com/barbados.cfm.

      Roseanne Myers, General manager of Atlantis Submarine Barbados, commented, "This is a fantastic achievement for us, and it signals that we have started down a positive path to measuring and eventually reducing our carbon footprint as well as increasing our overall positive impact on the social and natural environment. We already had a number of safety, quality, and preventative maintenance program in place, but we did not realize that the Green Globe/Green Certification would include an assessment of these as well as environmental education and management systems. Most of all, it was paperless and painless, though we have lots more work to do."

      Green Globe International and Green Certifications, Inc. have established a co-branding relationship under which they deliver a dual certification to identify compliance with internationally accepted green, sustainability standards to tourism properties and businesses. Under the program, Green Certifications has initiated sales and marketing efforts in North, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Europe, the first regions targeted under the partnership.

      "We are pleased to announce Atlantis Submarine Barbados as the first attraction to have achieved certification under the dual Green Globe/Green Certifications program," stated Guido Bauer, CEO of Green Certifications, Inc. "They should be commended for their commitment to environmental and social responsibility, and we hope that the certification will help to draw additional business from visitors who share Atlantis Submarines' concern for the environment."

      For more information of Green Globe/Green Certifications programs, please call +1-310-984-6807 or visit www.greencertifications.com.

      The Green Globe brand and program trace their roots back to the United Nations Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit in 1992, where 182 Heads of State endorsed the Agenda 21 principles of Sustainable Development.

      Green Globe International, an affiliate member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), has endorsed the efforts of the United Nations Foundation, Rainforest Alliance, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UNWTO in launching the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC).

      To receive updates or information on Green Globe International and the Green Globe program, please visit www.greenglobeint.com.

      About Green Certifications, Inc.
      Green Certifications, Inc. (www.greencertifications.com) owns Green Hotel Certification, a leading third party certification based on internationally accepted documentation. The seal is an independent recognition of sustainability efforts. Environmental and cultural levels as well as Corporate Social Responsibilities are benchmarked against the highest worldwide principles. Its object is to introduce and strengthen sustainability and social practices at all levels of management in the hospitality industry. The Green Hotel Certification seal also provides a distinguished promotional tool to reach a growing environmentally-aware global consumer market. Green Hotel Certification offers a completely paperless certification process which guarantees an efficient process. Through this system, properties are updated on a constant basis to ensure highest international standards. Its dedicated auditors work on-site, performing evaluation, implementation, solution-finding and training throughout. More information on Green Hotel Certification can be found at www.greenhotelcertification.com.

      About Green Globe International, Inc.
      Green Globe International, Inc. is the majority owner of Green Globe, Ltd., a British company that owns the Green Globe brand, the premier international brand for sustainable travel, tourism and related green businesses. Green Globe's worldwide network extends across nearly 50 countries. Green Globe International has been admitted as an affiliate member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization. The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), the business leaders' forum for the travel and tourism industry, is a 5% common stock owner of Green Globe International. For more information on Green Globe International, please visit www.greenglobeint.com.

      Contacts:
      For Green Globe International, Inc.
      A. Beyer
      Tel: +1 951 677 8073