Re: Fwd: CAST's April 2006 Globe Trotter

  • Editor, Planeta.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      Thanks, Bruce for posting this e-newsletter.

      When Green Globe started, there was so much criticism of the program. What is the overall
      'take' on Green Globe these days? Are people sold on the program?

      I'd also ask about CAST. Is it an organization in transition? Does it have a good reputation
      in the Caribbean?

      Ron Mader
    • Loreto Duffy-Mayers
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        Hi Ron,
        Green Globe is very much alive in the Caribbean and we are still leading the
        way in the world in terms of numbers of certified hotels. The Programme is
        evolving and becoming more and more a true indicator of sustainability in
        the hotel sector.
        The second Green Globe conference will be held this year in the Caribbean,
        circa November 1 - 3rd, venue to be confirmed, and we are expecting large
        numbers of Green Hoteliers from around the world.
        As Vice-Chairman of CAST, I wish to assure you that it too is a truly
        dynamic organization, ever changing to meet the needs of a sector of the
        industry which recognizes the importance of environmental management and
        sustainable tourism. However like most NGO's it has its challenges in terms
        of funding and resources.
        Please contact Deirdre Shurland, Executive Director of CAST,
        dshurland@... for an update on Cast's activities.
        Loreto

        LORETO DUFFY-MAYERS
        Director of Environmental Programmes-Almond Resorts
        Almond-Casuarina
        St. Lawrence Gap *Christ Church *Barbados
        Te; (246) 428-3600 * Fax: (246) 428-1970
        e-mail: loreto@... / loreto@...
        http://www.almondresorts.com