Re: SUSE 6.2?

  • jacku3
    Message 1 of 1427 , Sep 25, 1999
      I've installed it. I've used the "evaluation"
      version of 5.2, 5.3, and 6.0 on a couple of machines. I
      teach a course that uses Linux and one of my students
      purchased 6.2 when I saw what came with I grabbed a copy at
      Best Buy for $29.99 and loaded it to my CTX laptop. I
      have had no problems except for StarOffice. If you've
      got the bandwidth (I've got a cable modem ;-)
      download the new version. Whatever you do DON'T put in the
      media key for registration. If you need to use the
      version on the CD-ROM go to the StarOffice site first and
      get the info there.<br><br>Jack
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23 6:37 PM
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .