OSS problems

  • peregilhovin
    Message 1 of 1427 , Sep 4 3:37 PM
      Do any of you know whats wrong:<br>With SuSE 6.1
      came the OSS v3.8.1 driver, which I
      installed(succesfully according to the message given after
      installation) <br>The computer has a ES1869 sound
      card.<br>After executing "soundon", the the microphone is giving
      sound to the speakers. But nothing else works. The
      kISDN gives a message like: "No sound card
      installed..." on start up.
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .