Re: loadlin from WIN98

  • Nekr0tek
    Message 1 of 1427 , Aug 31, 1999
      this is how mine is setup.<br><br>I installed
      windows98 first made sure all was complete and good booted
      a couple of times to make sure.<br><br>then
      installed linux and used the option to put lilo on the
      floppy and i boot my linux from floppy. <br><br>I use
      windows 98 and suse 6.1 currently. <br><br>anyquestion
      let me know. <br><br>L8tr
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .