Re: [SUSE Linux Users] suse 11.3 issues

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012

      #1: 11.3 has not been supported since the fall of 2011. DO NOT
      rely on unsupported versions on any machine from which there exists
      a path of network connections which eventually connect to an ISP.

      Install 11.4 or 12.1, as the 11.3 software repositories are no longer
      online, and even if you do find them, there have been NO security
      patches put out in the last 6 months for 11.3 installations (and SuSE
      has put out a lot of security patches in that time).

      12.1 is a little sluggish. Iwould recommend 11.4, and then upgrade
      to 12.2 when it comes out in a few months (at which time 11.4 will
      fall out of support)

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tony

    • OmarV
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
        tony,
        and in consistency with what aaron has said, you may also install the corporate version (suse linux enterprise desktop 11 sp2) which was released a month ago.

        that's the version i recently installed in my pc, replacing the good old opensuse 11.2

        i'm impressed so far. very polished and stable.

        you may download it here:
        http://www.suse.com/products/desktop/
        http://www.suse.com/products/desktop/eval.html

        cheers,