Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Windows partition

  • amit wavhal
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2012
      Dear rod,
      as per my concern he should be mount that  partition  on the local directory

      Thanking You.

      Warm Regards,
      Amit Wavhal

      Mumbai

      Cell :+91-9819881773

      E1 : amitwavhal12@...

      "Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
        george0135 wrote:
        > Hello everyone
        >
        > I am about to install linux (10.2) on my laptop according to my opensuse book my windows partition and folders should show up in linux can anyone tell me where they will be ?

        10.2 has been out of support since 2006.
        Use either 11.4 or 12.1
      • Felix Miata
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
          On 2012/03/17 07:18 (GMT-0400) Aaron Kulkis composed:

          > george0135 wrote:

          >> I am about to install linux (10.2) on my laptop according to my opensuse book my windows partition and folders should show up in linux can anyone tell me where they will be ?

          > 10.2 has been out of support since 2006.
          > Use either 11.4 or 12.1

          Did you not notice the "my opensuse book" part? That probably means he bought
          a book that came with a 10.2 DVD. That book is probably all the "support" he
          needs for his first openSUSE experience. It probably also answers his question.

          Since 10.2 was the best openSUSE release ever, he's probably better off with
          10.2 for a first exposure. OTOH, 12.1 has such problems it's probably the
          worst possible recommendation for a first experience. Also since he has a
          book with DVD, it's not unlikely getting a newer version via download would
          be a difficult experience. Lots of people don't have broadband access.

          Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
        • Daniel
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
              OpenSUSE 10.2? That has been century ago..go for OpenSUSE 11.4 instead. Well
              during the installation, automatically it would mount your windows aside.

              Tan.daniel

              database 6973 (20120316) __________

              http://www.eset.com

              database 6973 (20120316) __________