Re: [SUSE Linux Users] very slow internet speeds with openSUSE 11.4

  • Rodney Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2011
      See if this link will help. I changed my ipv6 to user specified.
      Rodhttp://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disable_IPv6_for_Firefox

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2011
        Ok How about this link minus my name. Rod

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2011
          That worked perfectly. Quoting Christopher Columbus, "It's easy once you know how"

          I'm sorta surprised that SUSE doesn't make a stronger point of this.

          ... much appreciated.

          Ed

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2011
            ejbnorfolk wrote:
            > Hello all,
            > I'm an old Linux user who's rejoining the linux community (I actually started with slackware on 18 3.5" floppies: can you believe that).
            >
            > Anyway, my download and installation went fine yesterday. But, my internet connection speed is horrible.
            >
            > I've got several Windows computer on the same router: two hardwired and one wireless. All work very well.
            >
            > My new SUSE pc is hardwired to my Linksys router.
            >
            > Am I missing something. I looked for an etc/hosts file, but there isn't one.

            /etc/hosts is where it has always been.
            [Exctp for in AIX]