Installing Open Suse 11.3

  • Efrain
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
      Hey Olympus Gods of Suse, recently I acquired the 11.3 version of open suse from a magazine. You know that kind of magazine that have different distros inside to try. I already have installed 11.2 but I'm looking to install an upgrade with this dvd. Now the problem... for some reason this Pc doesn't read this dvd, but read others, because all the time that I upgrade Open Suse is from dvd's boughed at the store. I try already boot from system shutting down and restart, nothing happens, just appear the open suse already installed... Is there any other way to do it? Please remember that I'm a rookie in this ssht.. so be patience and explain me like kindergarten kid.... I'll appreciated that.... ;-)

      efra
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2010
        Efrain wrote:
        > Hey Olympus Gods of Suse, recently I acquired the 11.3 version of open suse from a magazine. You know that kind of magazine that have different distros inside to try. I already have installed 11.2 but I'm looking to install an upgrade with this dvd. Now the problem... for some reason this Pc doesn't read this dvd, but read others, because all the time that I upgrade Open Suse is from dvd's boughed at the store. I try already boot from system shutting down and restart, nothing happens, just appear the open suse already installed... Is there any other way to do it? Please remember that I'm a rookie in this ssht.. so be patience and explain me like kindergarten kid.... I'll appreciated that.... ;-)

        Everthing you need:
        If you know all of your pertinent network stuff (such as router/gateway IP
        address, and your computer's IP address (if needed), then just download
        the net-install CD

        http://software.opensuse.org/

        Or download and burn one of these:
        http://en.opensuse.org/Derivatives