Re: [SUSE Linux Users] opensuse problem!!!!!help

  • Felix Miata
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
      On 2010/10/04 15:42 (GMT) ahmed composed:

      > please every body i face a strange problem when installing opensuse in my PC i need to solve it.
      > the problem begins when i put a sata DVD in my PC to install opensuse11.2 using IDE->SATA converter,

      I never tried that before.

      > the DVD can not starting the installer any more.
      > how to solve this problem given that i have opensuse11.2 in my NTFS disk part ion can i install from it instead DVD?

      I don't understand what NTFS has to do with openSUSE 11.2? Do you have
      openSUSE already installed but it won't boot any more?

      Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

      Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
    • ahmed dosoky
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
        No I still wanna install opensuse from my DVD (SATA) ok that DVD drive interfaced with my old PIII PC with IDE to sata converter......OK
        BUT
        the system installer did not begans how can that solve or the problem from that converter not combatable with my PC

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
          ahmed wrote:
          > please every body i face a strange problem when installing opensuse in my PC i need to solve it.
          > the problem begins when i put a sata DVD in my PC to install opensuse11.2 using IDE->SATA converter, the DVD can not starting the installer any more.
          > how to solve this problem given that i have opensuse11.2 in my NTFS disk part ion can i install from it instead DVD?
          > or how can i solve the problem...
          > please answer my for urgently

          If everything else is the same, and nothing else is broken,
          then your IDE->SATA converter stopped working.

          Buy a new one.