s3 savage4

  • ahmed_dosoky1982
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2009
      after installing opensuse10.2 its automatically prob my display
      adapter "s3 savage4" but without 3D support.
      What can i do to make opensuse10.2 supports my own s3 savage4 and 3D...
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2009
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "ahmed_dosoky1982"
        <ahmed_dosoky1982@...> wrote:

        > after installing opensuse10.2 its automatically prob my display
        > adapter "s3 savage4" but without 3D support.
        > What can i do to make opensuse10.2 supports my own s3 savage4 and 3D...

        Two things...

        1) Why did you install 10.2 instead of 11.1?

        2) Xorg dropped 3D support for S3 cards ever since they transitioned
        from Xfree86... There might be a proprietary Linux driver out there
        from the manufacturer you could compile yourself. A quick Google will
        tell you yes or no... But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :)