Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Slow Web Browsing On My Suse 9.1 Pro, have tried it all!!

  • Felix Miata
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
      On 2008/12/03 11:41 (GMT) jpsebasti composed:

      > I'm having the exact same problem on two different machines, a laptop
      > and a desktop. On both machines, when I first installed SUSE, the
      > Firefox speed when browsing the internet was just fine but something
      > happened on both machines since that time. Now, I navigate to a URL
      > and then wait, and wait, and wait, and then suddenly, the page pops up.

      > I believe that something changed with all of the automatic updates
      > that I have the two machines set to receive.

      > I'm still searching for an answer myself. It has been so bad, that
      > I'm started booting back into Windows so that I can use the internet.

      If you're talking about SUSE 9.1 and the Firefox that comes with it, as
      updated, you may be running into an old problem long since fixed in newer
      versions of 9.1 and FF. The problem should disappear by replacing that
      ancient and unsupported version 9.1 with the a supported recent version and
      the FF that comes with it.

      The problem I'm thinking about has to do with disabling IPV6, but you'll have
      to Google for what to do about it once you identify your FF version. In the
      meantime, try using Konqueror instead of Firefox, or using the Firefox from
      Mozilla.org.
      --
      "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
      in vain." Psalm 127:1 NIV

      Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

      Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/