Re: [SUSE Linux Users] up dated from 10.1 to 11.0

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2008
      Mohamed Ali wrote:
      > i Think that installing suse 11 is not good idea now coz its still have many
      > problems , i prefer trying 10.3 its very cool and stable i tried suse 11 and
      > rolled back to 10.3 again and iam happy with it .but wating for new relase
      > of suse 11 or updates .

      Same here.
      I'm waiting for 11.1 to stabilize.
      But I think I'll be on 10.3 until 11.2 comes out.

      > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:
      >
      >> flashlite23454 wrote:
      >>> good news all;
      >>> I just installed suse 11.0 not knowing if I would lose files like
      >>> bookmarks/ photos,etc from my 10.1 and all looks good sofar, I just
      >> Of course: Those are in your home directory.
      >>
      >> Why would an installation (which takes place in /boot, /bin,
      >> /sbin, /etc, /var, /lib, and /opt) do anything to files in your
      >> home directory which is in /home?
      >>
      >> This is why /home (and /usr/local or /local) should always
      >> be on their own partitions (or symbolically linked to one
      >> or more partitions that aren't in the first list above) --
      >> so that a new installation doesn't touch them.
      >>
      >>> needed to update firefox to get my yahoo home page to load-up. I
      >>> picked-up the dvd off Ebay for a few bucks and now I'm cought-up for a
      >>> while anyway.
      >> Repeat after me:
      >>
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >> Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
      >>
      >>> good day to all.
      >>> jan
    • jan laurie
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        I don't know about 10.3 but 11.0 is working good for me, I had a lot of updates waiting for me this AM and sofar it all seems solid.
        Jan

        i Think that installing suse 11 is not good idea now coz its still have many
        problems , i prefer trying 10.3 its very cool and stable i tried suse 11 and
        rolled back to 10.3 again and iam happy with it .but wating for new relase
        of suse 11 or updates .

        On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:

        > flashlite23454 wrote:
        > > good news all;
        > > I just installed suse 11.0 not knowing if I would lose files like
        > > bookmarks/ photos,etc from my 10.1 and all looks good sofar, I just
        >
        > Of course: Those are in your home directory.
        >
        > Why would an installation (which takes place in /boot, /bin,
        > /sbin, /etc, /var, /lib, and /opt) do anything to files in your
        > home directory which is in /home?
        >
        > This is why /home (and /usr/local or /local) should always
        > be on their own partitions (or symbolically linked to one
        > or more partitions that aren't in the first list above) --
        > so that a new installation doesn't touch them.
        >
        > > needed to update firefox to get my yahoo home page to load-up. I
        > > picked-up the dvd off Ebay for a few bucks and now I'm cought-up
        for a
        > > while anyway.
        >
        > Repeat after me:
        >
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        > Linux and Unix ARE NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS!
        >
        > > good day to all.
        > > jan

      • jan laurie
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          Well;
           I'm just a little guy when it comes to different OSes but I like my linux suse best.
           I figured that everything would be lost 10 to 11.
           linux and unix and windows. Oh My.
           jan