Question: How can I simply edit Grub to change the default operating system

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2008
      I thought I'd be able to easily find this out on my own by googling. But
      everything is being made very complex. I don't want to learn a lot here --
      just want to get it done.

      It would seem to be simple (or one would think I might have been given that
      option during installation -- anyway) but it's not.

      I just want to change it so that the default operating system goes back to
      windows instead of Suse.

      If possible, I'd like to do it just from the opening grub menu without even
      going into Linux.

      Thanks,

      Dave
    • Felix Miata
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2008
        On 2008/11/16 12:56 (GMT-0500) Dave Allen composed:

        http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Configuration
        --
        "Love is not easily angered. Love does not demand
        its own way." 1 Corinthians 13:5 NIV

        Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

        Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
      • Dave Allen