Suse 11

  • George
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
      Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
      appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!

      mtia

      George
    • patrick.obrien47
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
        Yes you can download SUSE 11 now or ask for a DVD or buy the Linux mag with
        suse 11 on dvd as cover disk
        Patrick GW1SXN
        > Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
        > appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!
        >
        > mtia
        >
        > George

        > 07:29

      • The_ONE
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
          I got it, in a Linux Magazine just $16.00 the open version. It is good stuff

          EFRAIN MONTANEZ HIRALDO
          Graphic Design & Illustration for Media

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
            --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "George" <georgew@...> wrote:

            > Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
            > appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!
            >
            > mtia
            >
            > George

            OpenSuSE 11.0 has been out since June of this year already. It is
            quite quick and has some excellent new features now.

            It's available for download or bittorrent at

            http://opensuse.org

            OpenSuSE has a 6 month release cycle so expect to see version 11.1
            sometime around December or January...
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
              George wrote:
              > Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
              > appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!

              www.opensuse.org

              Just avoid KDE 4.
              It's slow, and incomplete.
              Although it doesn't crash, I would judge KDE 4 to
              be alpha- to beta-quality, due to the absence of
              expected functionality in KDE 4 compared to KDE 3.
            • g0glw2002
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
                Hi,
                SUSE 11 is already out. I obtained my copy on the free disk with the
                last copy of "Linux Format".

                Regards.

                Geoff.

                --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "George" <georgew@...> wrote:

                > Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
                > appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!
                >
                > mtia
                >
                > George

              • Harold Hitchcock
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
                  _____

                  > Hello does anyone have any info on when Suse 11 might make an
                  > appearance i read somewhere it would be this year!

                  www.opensuse.org

                  Just avoid KDE 4.
                  It's slow, and incomplete.
                  Although it doesn't crash, I would judge KDE 4 to
                  be alpha- to beta-quality, due to the absence of
                  expected functionality in KDE 4 compared to KDE 3.5

                  Aaron is being polite. KDE4 is comparable to Vista Alpha. And Vista wins.

                • mat aziz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 26, 2008
                    btw, why i can't use ifconfig,event sudo ifconfig  on opensuse 11  ????????thanks

                    http://matabdulaziz.blogsome.com

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
                      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, mat aziz <mataziz13@...> wrote:

                      > btw, why i can't use ifconfig,event sudo ifconfig  on opensuse 11
                      ????????thanks

                      > http://matabdulaziz.blogsome.com

                      ?????

                      Could you repeat that question in English please?