Question for Members

  • Mr. and Mrs.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
      Some people want to join in order to inform the members of Linux
      related jobs.
      I need to know if we should allow this type of postings or not?
      -thomp830
    • Robert Kopp
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
        This would obviously benefit some people. If you required "Job Offer" to be on the subject line, people who didn't want to see these messages in their inbox could filter them. Also, you should make sure that such offers are legitimate before allowing them, since there's a lot of deceitful advertising.

        Robert "Tim" Kopp
        http://analytic.tripod.com/

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
          I think that anything linux related is fine. However, i have to say
          that i really liked Suse but documentation of some other distros is
          better and i no longer run suse.

          james

          2008/6/25 Mr. and Mrs. <thomp830@...>:
          > Some people want to join in order to inform the members of Linux
          > related jobs.
          > I need to know if we should allow this type of postings or not?
          > -thomp830

        • Mr. and Mrs.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
            -Good idea!
            -thomp830

          • clintwill@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
              A sound proposal, once again, from the distinguished problem-solver Mr. Kopp.
              C. C. Williams, Oakland, Michigan USA.

              From: "Mr. and Mrs." <thomp830@...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
                Mr. and Mrs. wrote:
                > Some people want to join in order to inform the members of Linux
                > related jobs.
                > I need to know if we should allow this type of postings or not?
                > -thomp830

                If it's legit, sure.
              • James Freer
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 26, 2008
                  I see nothing wrong with community members discussing OFF-TOPIC
                  matters but i feel that should be placed in the subject line. I don't
                  feel some whitty person telling a joke is unreasonable but JOKE should
                  be in the subject line. Same i'd say for career (job adverts) - CAREER
                  in subject line. We are after all a community and help each other out.

                  We i'm sure ALL AGREE - any post of sexual nature or insinuation
                  DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME.

                  james