RE: [SUSE Linux Users] configuring opensuse sound, grub

  • Jim Carter
    Message 1 of 25 , May 2 8:38 AM
      Is there any wonder why this group is underutilized? Ravnone1 asked a
      question which was not inappropriate but Aaron Kulkis immediately starts
      berating the poster, completely ignoring the question.

      People like Aaron make me sorry I devote any bandwidth or disk space to this
      group; but then Mr. and Mrs. make it somewhat worthwhile after all.

      Now I have to go spend time building a rule that lets the group though but
      filters out Aaron.

    • ravnone1
      Message 2 of 25 , May 2 9:07 AM
        Hi All,
        I didn't mind the banter, although I was a little upset that my real
        questions weren't answered. If Aaron doesn't have anything better to do,
        that's ok. I'm still interested in an answer to my questions. Further more,
        the reason for wanting to do this is because I think it would be neat to
        learn how. It would amuse me, and I am soooo easily amused. lol
        I promise to be good if you don't turn the car around, we just began this
        journey.
        ravnone1

        Message 3 of 25 , May 2 9:21 AM
          ravnone1 wrote:
          > Hi All,
          > I didn't mind the banter, although I was a little upset that my real
          > questions weren't answered. If Aaron doesn't have anything better to do,
          > that's ok. I'm still interested in an answer to my questions. Further more,
          > the reason for wanting to do this is because I think it would be neat to
          > learn how. It would amuse me, and I am soooo easily amused. lol
          > I promise to be good if you don't turn the car around, we just began this
          > journey.

          Does your car say, "Welcome Back" when you put the key
          in the ignition?

          Why not?

          Seriously...and I don't say this about many things, but
          your quest here is a complete waste of time.

          And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d
        • ravnone1
          Message 4 of 25 , May 2 9:27 AM
            Thank you.

            On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:

            > ravnone1 wrote:
            > > Hi All,
            > > I didn't mind the banter, although I was a little upset that my real
            > > questions weren't answered. If Aaron doesn't have anything better to do,
            > > that's ok. I'm still interested in an answer to my questions. Further
            > more,
            > > the reason for wanting to do this is because I think it would be neat to
            > > learn how. It would amuse me, and I am soooo easily amused. lol
            > > I promise to be good if you don't turn the car around, we just began
            > this
            > > journey.
            >
            > Does your car say, "Welcome Back" when you put the key
            > in the ignition?
            >
            > Why not?
            >
            > Seriously...and I don't say this about many things, but
            > your quest here is a complete waste of time.
            >
            > And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d

          • Harold Hitchcock
            Message 5 of 25 , May 2 1:08 PM
              I'm sorry, daddy. Are you going to spank me again.......please, please,
              please !!

              _____

              Message 6 of 25 , May 2 1:11 PM
                I don't think you should filter out Aaron. He's probably the sharpest piece
                of barbwire in
                any of the SuSE forums. Of course, Godwin Stewart will give him a good
                run.........

                And this is fun ...... once in a while - granted - a GREAT while.....

                _____

                Is there any wonder why this group is underutilized? Ravnone1 asked a
                question which was not inappropriate but Aaron Kulkis immediately starts
                berating the poster, completely ignoring the question.

                People like Aaron make me sorry I devote any bandwidth or disk space to this
                group; but then Mr. and Mrs. make it somewhat worthwhile after all.

                Now I have to go spend time building a rule that lets the group though but
                filters out Aaron.

              • Mr. and Mrs.
                Message 7 of 25 , May 4 11:52 AM
                  Ok- I'm confused...did Ravnonel ever get an answer to his question?

                  --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Carter" <jim.carter@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Is there any wonder why this group is underutilized? Ravnone1 asked a
                  > question which was not inappropriate but Aaron Kulkis immediately starts
                  > berating the poster, completely ignoring the question.
                  >
                  > People like Aaron make me sorry I devote any bandwidth or disk space
                  to this
                  > group; but then Mr. and Mrs. make it somewhat worthwhile after all.
                  >
                  > Now I have to go spend time building a rule that lets the group
                  though but
                  > filters out Aaron.

                • ravnone1
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 4 3:14 PM
                    HI,
                    Yes, in a sense ravnone1 did get an answer to her question. This is what I
                    was told:
                    ""And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d""
                    So that is what I'm going to do, check it out.
                    Thanks, ravnone1
                    p.s. if there's more to it than that, please let me know.

                    Message 9 of 25 , May 4 5:35 PM
                      ravnone1 wrote:
                      > HI,
                      > Yes, in a sense ravnone1 did get an answer to her question. This is what I
                      > was told:
                      > ""And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d""
                      > So that is what I'm going to do, check it out.
                      > Thanks, ravnone1

                      And if that doesn't suit your needs, look at ~/.xinitrc

                      Message 10 of 25 , May 4 5:42 PM
                        Hi,
                        Thanks again. I'll look at both.
                        ravnone1