Re: [SUSE Linux Users] configuring opensuse sound, grub

  • ravnone1
    Message 1 of 25 , May 1, 2008
      No it isn't Aaron. What I have to say, some people want to read it enough to
      buy it.
      Are you in a bad mood? Did you have a bad day? I'm sorry if you did. Hope it
      gets better for you soon.
      ravnone1

      Message 2 of 25 , May 1, 2008
        ravnone1 wrote:
        > No it isn't Aaron. What I have to say, some people want to read it enough to
        > buy it.
        > Are you in a bad mood? Did you have a bad day? I'm sorry if you did. Hope it
        > gets better for you soon.

        It's just pointless effort, to try to duplicate inane nonsense
        that you see in Hollywood movies.

        Like all of these stupid "case mods" which are nothing more than
        putting assorted decorative crap on a case, as if a computer
        case is a piece of jewelry. This is the software equivalent.
        (REAL case mods involve metal cutting/gringing/drilling/tapping
        tools, like something I recently did to up the airflow through
        a 1990's tower to get a few more years of use out of it, and put
        off spending $150+ for something which wouldn't fit my needs
        quite as well as the current one.)

        People who would be impressed by your computer saying "welcome
        back" when you start it up are shallow twits who you should avoid
        at all costs anyways.

        And if *YOU* need your computer to audibly say, "welcome back"
        when you log in...then you need psychological counseling even more.

        A computer is nothing more than a tool, like a wrench.

        If you saw someone wanting to spend time and effort to decorate
        the wrenches he uses to fix cars, you would think he has a
        screw loose, wouldn't you.

        Message 3 of 25 , May 1, 2008
          Aaron,
          This PC is in the privacy of my home. No one has access but me, and I just
          want to tinker with it. As far the case you mentioned, been there done that.
          I do my own modifications, upgrades and repairs. And my tinkering with the
          'welcome back', etc, it isn't from a movie. Just something I want to do, for
          my own pleasure. Yes it is a tool. I use to repair my own vehicles, and I
          didn't decorate my wrenches, screwdrivers or other tools. If my request
          seems frivolous to you, you don't have to answer my questions. I may come
          across as a teen or whatever, but I'm twice your age. I'm also very curious
          about things, and I have ADHD. I will figure it out eventually.
          Thanks anyway,
          Nina (Neena), ravnone1

          Message 4 of 25 , May 1, 2008
            ravnone1 wrote:
            > Aaron,
            > This PC is in the privacy of my home. No one has access but me, and I just
            > want to tinker with it. As far the case you mentioned, been there done that.
            > I do my own modifications, upgrades and repairs. And my tinkering with the
            > 'welcome back', etc, it isn't from a movie. Just something I want to do, for
            > my own pleasure. Yes it is a tool. I use to repair my own vehicles, and I
            > didn't decorate my wrenches, screwdrivers or other tools. If my request
            > seems frivolous to you, you don't have to answer my questions. I may come
            > across as a teen or whatever, but I'm twice your age.

            How old do you think I am?

            > I'm also very curious
            > about things, and I have ADHD. I will figure it out eventually.
            > Thanks anyway,
            > Nina (Neena), ravnone1

          • ravnone1
            Message 5 of 25 , May 1, 2008
              you're yahoo profile says you're 26

              Message 6 of 25 , May 1, 2008
                ravnone1 wrote:
                > you're yahoo profile says you're 26

                That's disinformation.

                > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:
                >
                >> ravnone1 wrote:
                >>> Aaron,
                >>> This PC is in the privacy of my home. No one has access but me, and I
                >> just
                >>> want to tinker with it. As far the case you mentioned, been there done
                >> that.
                >>> I do my own modifications, upgrades and repairs. And my tinkering with
                >> the
                >>> 'welcome back', etc, it isn't from a movie. Just something I want to do,
                >> for
                >>> my own pleasure. Yes it is a tool. I use to repair my own vehicles, and
                >>> didn't decorate my wrenches, screwdrivers or other tools. If my request
                >>> seems frivolous to you, you don't have to answer my questions. I may
                >> come
                >>> across as a teen or whatever, but I'm twice your age.
                >> How old do you think I am?
                >>
                >>> I'm also very curious
                >>> about things, and I have ADHD. I will figure it out eventually.
                >>> Thanks anyway,
                >>> Nina (Neena), ravnone1

              • ravnone1
                Message 7 of 25 , May 1, 2008
                  not a problem...

                  On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:

                  > ravnone1 wrote:
                  > > you're yahoo profile says you're 26
                  > >

                  > That's disinformation.
                  >
                  > > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...<akulkis00%40gmail.com>>
                  > wrote:

                  > >> just
                  > >> that.
                  > >> the
                  > do,
                  > >> for
                  > and
                  > request
                  > >> come
                  > >> How old do you think I am?

                • ravnone1
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 1, 2008
                    besides which, my ebook has nothing to do with the questions I asked. Just
                    in case you think it was.

                    On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:05 AM, ravnone1 <scotindin@...> wrote:

                    > not a problem...
                    >

                    > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > ravnone1 wrote:
                    > > > you're yahoo profile says you're 26
                    > > >

                    > > That's disinformation.

                    > > done
                    > > with
                    > > do,
                    > > and
                    > > request

                  • Harold Hitchcock
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                      He's not 26 years old. He's the Cranky Old Man that sits on the
                      ventriloquist's knee!!

                      I've seen the wood that he's made from. It's from a 2000yr old Redwood tree.
                      :-)

                      _____

                      <mailto:akulkis00%40gmail.com> com> wrote:

                      > ravnone1 wrote:
                      > > Aaron,
                      > > This PC is in the privacy of my home. No one has access but me, and I
                      > just
                      > > want to tinker with it. As far the case you mentioned, been there done
                      > that.
                      > > I do my own modifications, upgrades and repairs. And my tinkering with
                      > the
                      > > 'welcome back', etc, it isn't from a movie. Just something I want to do,
                      > for
                      > > my own pleasure. Yes it is a tool. I use to repair my own vehicles, and
                      > > didn't decorate my wrenches, screwdrivers or other tools. If my request
                      > > seems frivolous to you, you don't have to answer my questions. I may
                      > come
                      > > across as a teen or whatever, but I'm twice your age.
                      >
                      > How old do you think I am?
                      >
                      > > I'm also very curious
                      > > about things, and I have ADHD. I will figure it out eventually.
                      > > Thanks anyway,
                      > > Nina (Neena), ravnone1

                    • ravnone1
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                        roflmao

                        On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Harold Hitchcock <hhitchco@...>
                        wrote:

                        > He's not 26 years old. He's the Cranky Old Man that sits on the
                        > ventriloquist's knee!!
                        >
                        > I've seen the wood that he's made from. It's from a 2000yr old Redwood
                        > tree.
                        > :-)
                        >

                        > _____

                      • Mr. and Mrs.
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                          You kids better knock it off or so help me I'll turn this car around
                          and take you both straight home!
                        • Jim Carter
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                            Is there any wonder why this group is underutilized? Ravnone1 asked a
                            question which was not inappropriate but Aaron Kulkis immediately starts
                            berating the poster, completely ignoring the question.

                            People like Aaron make me sorry I devote any bandwidth or disk space to this
                            group; but then Mr. and Mrs. make it somewhat worthwhile after all.

                            Now I have to go spend time building a rule that lets the group though but
                            filters out Aaron.

                          • ravnone1
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                              Hi All,
                              I didn't mind the banter, although I was a little upset that my real
                              questions weren't answered. If Aaron doesn't have anything better to do,
                              that's ok. I'm still interested in an answer to my questions. Further more,
                              the reason for wanting to do this is because I think it would be neat to
                              learn how. It would amuse me, and I am soooo easily amused. lol
                              I promise to be good if you don't turn the car around, we just began this
                              journey.
                              ravnone1

                              Message 14 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                                ravnone1 wrote:
                                > Hi All,
                                > I didn't mind the banter, although I was a little upset that my real
                                > questions weren't answered. If Aaron doesn't have anything better to do,
                                > that's ok. I'm still interested in an answer to my questions. Further more,
                                > the reason for wanting to do this is because I think it would be neat to
                                > learn how. It would amuse me, and I am soooo easily amused. lol
                                > I promise to be good if you don't turn the car around, we just began this
                                > journey.

                                Does your car say, "Welcome Back" when you put the key
                                in the ignition?

                                Why not?

                                Seriously...and I don't say this about many things, but
                                your quest here is a complete waste of time.

                                And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d
                              • ravnone1
                                Message 15 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                                  Thank you.

                                  Message 16 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                                    I'm sorry, daddy. Are you going to spank me again.......please, please,
                                    please !!

                                    _____

                                    Message 17 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                                      I don't think you should filter out Aaron. He's probably the sharpest piece
                                      of barbwire in
                                      any of the SuSE forums. Of course, Godwin Stewart will give him a good
                                      run.........

                                      And this is fun ...... once in a while - granted - a GREAT while.....

                                      _____

                                      Message 18 of 25 , May 4, 2008
                                        Ok- I'm confused...did Ravnonel ever get an answer to his question?

                                        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Carter" <jim.carter@...>
                                        wrote:

                                        > Is there any wonder why this group is underutilized? Ravnone1 asked a
                                        > question which was not inappropriate but Aaron Kulkis immediately starts
                                        > berating the poster, completely ignoring the question.
                                        >
                                        > People like Aaron make me sorry I devote any bandwidth or disk space
                                        to this
                                        > group; but then Mr. and Mrs. make it somewhat worthwhile after all.
                                        >
                                        > Now I have to go spend time building a rule that lets the group
                                        though but
                                        > filters out Aaron.

                                      • ravnone1
                                        Message 19 of 25 , May 4, 2008
                                          HI,
                                          Yes, in a sense ravnone1 did get an answer to her question. This is what I
                                          was told:
                                          ""And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d""
                                          So that is what I'm going to do, check it out.
                                          Thanks, ravnone1
                                          p.s. if there's more to it than that, please let me know.

                                          Message 20 of 25 , May 4, 2008
                                            ravnone1 wrote:
                                            > HI,
                                            > Yes, in a sense ravnone1 did get an answer to her question. This is what I
                                            > was told:
                                            > ""And it's trivial to do. Investigate /etc/init.d""
                                            > So that is what I'm going to do, check it out.
                                            > Thanks, ravnone1

                                            And if that doesn't suit your needs, look at ~/.xinitrc

                                            Message 21 of 25 , May 4, 2008
                                              Hi,
                                              Thanks again. I'll look at both.
                                              ravnone1