stuck up with samba

  • b.sadhiq
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Dear All,

      My file server is configured in CentOs 5 samba share (samba version
      3.0.26a) and in clients
      desktops, i have a mix environment windows XP + suse linux 10.3

      All clients mount through samba in windows and in linux they share
      from nfs or samba (using cifs )

      In the above case, when we try to open the same files first computer
      should get rw and other one should get read only.
      But here i get both files opened in rw mode, which shld not
      happen, Below is my share

      [test]
      path = /home/<user>
      browseable = yes
      volume = test
      strict locking = yes
      force group = windows
      force user = <user>
      comment = testing
      locking = yes
      sync always = yes

      if the file is open in linux box then windows people are not
      able to open the file.
      if i change the setting
      locking =No
      then everobody is able to open the file in rw mode, which is not
      acceptable

      Your quick reply in this regard will be highly appreciateable.

      B.Sadhiq