Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Help getting MySQL to work

    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 28, 2007
      Nico Michael wrote:
      > Hi Aron
      >
      > Just to confirm that I am doing something about this , I have just
      > purchased two books:
      > MySQL in a Nutshell
      > and
      > MySQL Reference Manual
      >
      > Now I have a lot of reading to do I will ask questions after reading the
      > first one , hopefully it can help raise the level of my knowledge

      Good choices, I would think. Everything from O'Reilly is good.

      There's BIG pdf file on the MySQL documentation web pages (the
      PDF is about 500-700 pages). I bought the 5.0 version in printed
      form for about US $50 (24 months ago). Download the one for
      whatever version of MySQL that you're running. It's very helpful.

      For as far as I got in the book (before being activated to
      go to Baghdad for a year), I was able to follow it and learn
      from it. I took it with me to Baghdad, now I'm just waiting
      for it to arrive back home (I put it in a foot locker and
      the foot locker is on a 3-month long ocean-trip).