Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Installing Java

  • Nico Michael
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
      As a Java Programmer i have the following comments
      The best is to install the binary not the rpm

      you do a ./ infront of the file name and pagedown continuously till you
      have read the agreement and accept it by typing yes

      and its installed there when you dropped the binary

      you may want to add a CLASSPATH variable to make a folder visible to
      your java

      export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/java/classes:/home/tchin/myclasses

      export CLASSPATH=<JDBC_LIB>/classes12.jar:$CLASSPATH

      export PATH=$PATH:{JDK_HOME}/bin
      export JDK_HOME={JDK_HOME}
      export JAVA_HOME={JDK_HOME}
      export CLASSPATH=./:{JDK_HOME}/lib/classes.zip

      regards
      Nico

      alfredo_eds wrote:

      > Hi all
      > I have a problem.
      > I dont know how to install Java 1.6 SDK at my Suse Linux 10.1
      > Could anyone help me?

      Find out how you can get spam free email.
      http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/3