Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Deleting files from network.

  • David Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2007
      I do a lot with cron jobs. What is your question about cron?

      Why can't you solve the file deletion problem with permissioning?
      (IE: Give the user who creates the files read+write. Give
      others read only.)

      David.

      --- Joshy Zacariya <joshy@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm new to this group and I found this group from 'google search'.
      >
      > I've a linux server (SLES), samba enabled, installed in my company,
      > and this server is using as file server (network drive). I'm facing a
      > problem now. Someone in my company frequently deleting files from
      > this network drive. I want to know who is doing this.
      >
      > Anybody know about cron jobs?
      >
      > Please help.
      >
      > Thanks,

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
    • Joshy Zacariya
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2007
        Hi,

        I heard that, by writing cron jobs, it may notify administrator via email when such deletion occurs. so that i can easily identify the user who deleting files.

        Thanks,
        -Joshy.