Re: [SUSE Linux Users] k3B Problems

  • Tom Nichol
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kopp <iconoklastic@...>
      wrote:

      > Tom Nichol <wideleg84@...> wrote: In trying to use k3B to copy my
      SuSE install DVD for a friend at work,
      > I received a warning that I needed to set cdrdao to run at root level
      > to insure a stable burn. When I went into k3BSetup2 to do so,
      > however, I left a box checked saying "use group burning". When I
      > clicked on either "apply" or "OK", I received an error message saying
      > "there is no group burning"! Do I need to set up such a group, and if
      > so, how do I go about it? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
      >
      > I haven't yet made any "coasters," although I haven't done this
      either. You may have to set up a "burning" group, so far as I know.

      > Robert "Tim" Kopp
      > http://analytic.tripod.com/

      How do go about setting up a "burning" group?

      Wideleg84
    • Tom Nichol
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Nichol" <wideleg84@...> wrote:

        > --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kopp <iconoklastic@>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Tom Nichol <wideleg84@> wrote: In trying to use k3B to copy my
        > SuSE install DVD for a friend at work,
        > > I received a warning that I needed to set cdrdao to run at root level
        > > to insure a stable burn. When I went into k3BSetup2 to do so,
        > > however, I left a box checked saying "use group burning". When I
        > > clicked on either "apply" or "OK", I received an error message saying
        > > "there is no group burning"! Do I need to set up such a group, and if
        > > so, how do I go about it? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
        > >
        > > I haven't yet made any "coasters," although I haven't done this
        > either. You may have to set up a "burning" group, so far as I know.
        > >

        > > Robert "Tim" Kopp
        > > http://analytic.tripod.com/

        > How do go about setting up a "burning" group?
        >
        > Wideleg84

        A friend in my church who uses Linux extensively solved the problem
        for me. It turns out that the term "group burning" refers to a PC
        that is equipped with multiple CD and/or DVD burners (such as a CD or
        DVD replicator setup). Since I only have one DVD burner in my system,
        all I had to do was uncheck the "use group burning" option, and voila!
        the program worked to utter perfection! (Quite frankly, I feel that
        this option should be unchecked by default, as I'm sure that many PC
        users only have one such device in their system. I also feel that
        this option should be re-labeled, as its current label promoted
        confusion and aggravation, especially to Linux newbies like me!)
        Anyhow, the problem is now solved. I hope this clears up any
        confusion for others who may be having a similar problem.

        Wideleg84