Suse 10.2 wont do as it is told

  • Muhammad Maalik Laeeq
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
      I have installed suse 10.2
      updated it
      trying to install nvidia card (wont let me add to yast, cant get out of
      xserver, tells me init3 -bash: init3: command not found)
      I boot up to some consol thing (can't get out of it to KDE, its in top
      left corner, yellowish and grey)
      any help b4 i go back to windows xp(At least i can use it)
      thx 4 any help inadvance
      a semi newbie getting peed of with linux
    • K. S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
        Muhammad Maalik Laeeq wrote:

        > I have installed suse 10.2
        > updated it
        > trying to install nvidia card (wont let me add to yast, cant get out of
        > xserver, tells me init3 -bash: init3: command not found)
        > I boot up to some consol thing (can't get out of it to KDE, its in top
        > left corner, yellowish and grey)
        > any help b4 i go back to windows xp(At least i can use it)
        > thx 4 any help inadvance
        > a semi newbie getting peed of with linux

        Are you actually typing "init3" instead of the "init" command with an argument
        of "3"? i.e. "init 3"

      • Muhammad Maalik Laeeq
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2007
          --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "K. S." <einheit@...> wrote:

          > Muhammad Maalik Laeeq wrote:
          > >

          > > I have installed suse 10.2
          > > updated it
          > > trying to install nvidia card (wont let me add to yast, cant get
          out of
          > > xserver, tells me init3 -bash: init3: command not found)
          > > I boot up to some consol thing (can't get out of it to KDE, its
          in top
          > > left corner, yellowish and grey)
          > > any help b4 i go back to windows xp(At least i can use it)
          > > thx 4 any help inadvance
          > > a semi newbie getting peed of with linux
          >
          > Are you actually typing "init3" instead of the "init" command with
          an argument
          > of "3"? i.e. "init 3"

          I have type them both in and still no joy