Re: SuSE 7.2

  • themooksman
    Message 1 of 1427 , Jul 6 6:25 PM
      To be honest, I think the two versions was a way
      of jacking the price up without people screaming too
      much. Back with 6.4 and earlier, you got everything for
      about $30. 6 cdroms as I recall. Sometimes $20 on sale
      at BestBuy. Anyway, I think the "Two Versions" was a
      way of jacking the price up SuSE and other
      distributers adopted, without it being quite so blatant that's
      what they were doing.
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23 6:37 PM
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .