Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Kubuntu and suse

  • Felix Miata
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      On 06/10/01 05:08 (GMT) parthbakshi16 apparently typed:

      > I wanted to triple boot windows,kubuntu and suse ,so i first
      > installed windows then kubuntu and then suse but when u try to
      > install suse boot loader it does not show kubuntu entries in the
      > grub so i manually tried to edit it.Still it gives Error .kubuntu
      > has been installed on /dev/hdc10.How do i boot kubuntu.suse and
      > windows work fine.

      Post your /boot/grub/menu.lst from both kubuntu and suse, and your
      output from 'fdisk -l <devicename>' for each HD, and the exact error you
      get when you try to boot kubuntu from the suse menu. Also, it might be
      helpful to read URL below.
      --
      "Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
      have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

      Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

      Felix Miata *** http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after.html
    • parthbakshi16
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Felix Miata <mrmazda@...>
        wrote:

        > On 06/10/01 05:08 (GMT) parthbakshi16 apparently typed:
        >
        > > I wanted to triple boot windows,kubuntu and suse ,so i first
        > > installed windows then kubuntu and then suse but when u try to
        > > install suse boot loader it does not show kubuntu entries in the
        > > grub so i manually tried to edit it.Still it gives
        Error .kubuntu
        > > has been installed on /dev/hdc10.How do i boot kubuntu.suse and
        > > windows work fine.
        >
        > Post your /boot/grub/menu.lst from both kubuntu and suse, and your
        > output from 'fdisk -l <devicename>' for each HD, and the exact
        error you
        > get when you try to boot kubuntu from the suse menu. Also, it
        might be
        > helpful to read URL below.
        > --
        > "Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
        > have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
        > embrace her, and she will honor you." Proverbs 4:7-8 NIV
        >
        > Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
        >
        > Felix Miata *** http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after.html

        Hi
        How do i install kubuntu without installing its grub..Since i
        already have suse installed and i dont want to disturb that.
      • Felix Miata
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
          On 06/10/03 17:36 (GMT) parthbakshi16 apparently typed:

          > How do i install kubuntu without installing its grub..Since i
          > already have suse installed and i dont want to disturb that.

          I don't know whether or how kubuntu offers an option to install no boot loader, but that doesn't matter. Simply tell it to install its boot loader on its own / or /boot partition, thus leaving the MBR and SUSE untouched.
          --
          "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
          and I am helped." Psalm 28:7 NIV

          Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

          Felix Miata *** http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/partitioningindex.html
        • divyang4482
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
            hi frds
            to get 3 operating system in boot loader iin ur pc
            1st step install ur window operating system
            2nd step install ur SUSE linux
            3rd step install ur kubundtu without it own boot loader
            4th step start SUSE linux and open boot loader through Yast
            manger then select new boot loader proposal so it will
            automaticallly take ur kubuntu as a 2nd linux operating system