Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Re: suse 10.1

  • K. S.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
      previso wrote:

      > My advice is to buy the DVD from a third party vendor. Try
      > http://cheapiso.com/index.php?cPath=6&sort=2a&page=2.
      > <http://cheapiso.com/index.php?cPath=6&sort=2a&page=2.>
      > $10 for a preburned copy beats downloading and burning, I think.
      > Warning: the update Yast2 is broken. There is a patch available.
      > I believe there is a 64bit kernel for this OS.

      Yes, the boxed set comes with a dvd that contains both 32 and 64 bit versions
      and will install the one appropriate to your hardware.

      Yes, yast is broke, you'll want to save yourself some grief and install smart
      to handle your software management.

      You'll also want to nuke beagle, which demands far too much in the way of
      resources, which are better spent watching movies and playing 3D internet FPS..

    • Brian Shepherd
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
        Thanks, Iwill keep that in mind...Brian