Re: Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Errors when installing rpm's

  • ROLAND L BEHUNIN
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
      I knew about installing from the command line. I managed to install GRAMPS that way.

      However, if I can solve the problem in YAST, and set an install source to packman, it should be able to resolve any additional required packagaes required on its own, and I don't have to manually go and download each rpm package and install it at the command line.

      Now, this is just plan laziness on my part. I could do an rpm -i package name, make a list, download the required packages, rpm -i the downloaded packages, and then install the rpm package I started on. It is just time consuming. If I can get YAST to do it, I can set an additional install host to packman, click on the rpm, tell it to install and off we go downloading the required rpm packages. (Some of the downloads get fairly large.)

      roland

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
        add the sources for packman to the Installation Sources in Yast, enable and
        refresh them.

        On 6/6/06, ROLAND L BEHUNIN <RolandBehunin@...> wrote:

        > I knew about installing from the command line. I managed to install
        > GRAMPS that way.
        >
        > However, if I can solve the problem in YAST, and set an install source to
        > packman, it should be able to resolve any additional required packagaes
        > required on its own, and I don't have to manually go and download each rpm
        > package and install it at the command line.
        >
        > Now, this is just plan laziness on my part. I could do an rpm -i package
        > name, make a list, download the required packages, rpm -i the downloaded
        > packages, and then install the rpm package I started on. It is just time
        > consuming. If I can get YAST to do it, I can set an additional install host
        > to packman, click on the rpm, tell it to install and off we go downloading
        > the required rpm packages. (Some of the downloads get fairly large.)
        >
        > roland

      • ROLAND L BEHUNIN
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
          That is what I did. Enable and refresh are on.
          In 10.0, I had to go into the add source each time and do a manual refresh for the packman source...
          I wonder if I still need to do that?

          roland