Software KVM Switches

  • smithwk2
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
      Does anyone know of any KVM software that allows Linux and Windows
      from the same PC? Thanks.
    • George Gage
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "smithwk2" <smithwk2@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of any KVM software that allows Linux and Windows
        > from the same PC? Thanks.

        Hi There.. but unless I am missing something KVM switches do not use
        the installed OS, regardless of windows or linux. I use two switch's
        one based on USB and another on the old "hit" the keyboard type (PS2)
        the USB switches between win2000/Suse and the PS2 is between Suse/Redhat
        Hope this helps

        george

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006
          George Gage wrote:
          > --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "smithwk2" <smithwk2@...> wrote:
          >
          >>Does anyone know of any KVM software that allows Linux and Windows
          >>from the same PC? Thanks.
          >

          > Hi There.. but unless I am missing something KVM switches do not use
          > the installed OS, regardless of windows or linux. I use two switch's
          > one based on USB and another on the old "hit" the keyboard type (PS2)
          > the USB switches between win2000/Suse and the PS2 is between Suse/Redhat
          > Hope this helps

          Correct.

          If your KVM relies on software, it's very poorly designed.