Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Re: help with PATH

  • David Juhl
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
      If you read the comments in the /etc/profile, it says not to mess with the file rather create the file /etc/profile.local, and the /etc/profile will read it and make the changes (globally) to your path. Make sure you do it this way:

      export PATH=/some/path:$PATH

      you could inadvertantly erase all the paths if a typo is made. SO if you do that delete the /etc/profile.local and relogin to the console.

      Dave

      jhunie pi <cjpangilinan@...> wrote:
      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Anonymous Anonymous
      <basho924@g...> wrote:

      > Hi. I need some help. I am using SuSE 9.3. Which file do I edit to
      modify my
      > PATH? Thanks for any help/

      /etc/profile for all users or ~/.bash_profile and ~/.bashrc for a
      specific user.

      Linux software Linux operating system Suse linux Hosting linux unix web Free linux operating system Unix operating system