Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Compiling WMware (was: Amount Paid till now: $ 12,763,750.00 and ....)

  • Horror Vacui
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2005
      On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:27:15 -0600
      Anonymous wrote:

      > Hi. I need some help with VMware on my SuSE 10. I was able to install
      > it but when I ran the configuration file the operation aborted. Can
      > you guys help me out? Thank you in advance.

      <snip>

      Now, now... Hijacking threads (that is, replying to an unrelated post
      to the list instead of writing a whole new message) is enough of a bad
      idea in itself, but hijacking one started by a spam is, I guess,
      practically certified to give you 0 (zero) response. Apart from those
      from smartasses telling you you're doing something wrong.

      Apropos your problem, it seems like you don't have any *configured*
      kernel sources (note the message about .config not being there). To
      compile WMware you obviously need a complete kernel tree, so provide
      this and try again.

      Horror Vacui

      Registered Linux user #257714

      - and keep following the GNU.