aim for linux

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi all,

      I have been using suse since 9.1, using 9.3 now. my son uses xp on
      his compaq, mainly for gaming ( world of warcraft, diablo, etc.) I
      want to make the complete switch on his pc, (actually HE asked me to
      do it, he loves linux....... hooked a 12 yr old yeah) as i have been
      testing both games he uses most of the time with cedega and they work
      great. the last thing that he uses ALOT is aim. i tried the linux
      version (VERY few features), and also had him use gaim, but it does
      not have the features aim for windows has. anyone have luck with
      using the windows version of aim on suse? would crossover work? any
      help or pointers you have would be great. thanks.

      steve
    • Verne
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sfsmiley@y...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have been using suse since 9.1, using 9.3 now. my son uses xp on
        > his compaq, mainly for gaming ( world of warcraft, diablo, etc.) I
        > want to make the complete switch on his pc, (actually HE asked me to
        > do it, he loves linux....... hooked a 12 yr old yeah) as i have been
        > testing both games he uses most of the time with cedega and they work
        > great. the last thing that he uses ALOT is aim. i tried the linux
        > version (VERY few features), and also had him use gaim, but it does
        > not have the features aim for windows has. anyone have luck with
        > using the windows version of aim on suse? would crossover work? any
        > help or pointers you have would be great. thanks.
        >

        > steve

        Hey steve
        I'm using Suse9.0 for awhile and i think its great on my desktop
        Got it also in my IBM 600elaptop, and its a work in progress there!
        I use kopete instead of AIM and it seems to be similiar.
      • K. S.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          Steve wrote:
          >the last thing that he uses ALOT is aim. i tried the linux
          >version (VERY few features), and also had him use gaim, but it does
          >not have the features aim for windows has. anyone have luck with
          >using the windows version of aim on suse? would crossover work? any
          >help or pointers you have would be great. thanks.

          Maybe I'm not familiar enough with windoze, but just out of curiosity,
          what features does gaim lack compared to the windoze version of aim?