Hey alll....

  • Sub Cub
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      I have had the feeling for some time now that my system was under control of
      someone other than myself.

      I just installed Mandriva and am now getting these emails....

      Security Warning: World Writable files found :
      - /tmp/.ICE-unix
      - /tmp/.X11-unix
      - /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
      - /tmp/.font-unix
      - /tmp/.font-unix/fs-1
      - /var/apache-mm
      - /var/run/acpid.socket
      - /var/run/dbus/system_dbus _socket
      - /var/run/sdp
      - /var/run/xdmctl/dmctl-:0/socket
      - /var/run/xdmctl/dmctl/socket
      - /var/spool/postfix/dev/log
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/anvil
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/bounce
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/cyrus
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/cyrus-chroot
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/cyrus-deliver
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/cyrus-inet
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/defer
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/error
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/lmtp
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/lmtp-filter
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/local
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/maildrop
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/proxymap
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/relay
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/rewrite
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/smtp
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/smtp-filter
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/tlsmgr
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/trace
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/uucp
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/verify
      - /var/spool/postfix/private/virtual
      - /var/spool/postfix/public/cleanup
      - /var/spool/postfix/public/flush
      - /var/spool/postfix/public/pickup
      - /var/spool/postfix/public/qmgr
      - /var/spool/postfix/public/showq
      - /var/spool/samba

      Can anyone tell me that these mean and how to rectify the situation....?

      Thanks...

      Sub Cub