Serial Port problems

  • balewyck
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2005
      I finally have an operational system with a bunch of astronomical
      software installed. I am currently running SuSe 9.2. I finally brought
      my telescope in the house, hooked it up to serial port 1 which should
      be a comm port. In older versions of Mandrake, I used that port to
      hook up a modem and it worked. Now with my scope attached to it,
      neither Xephem or Kstars can find it.

      How do I go about making that port operational?

      Thanks, Gene Giermann