Re: [SUSE Linux Users] burn the 9.3 Pro DVD

  • Jon G.
    Message 1 of 10 , May 15, 2005
      --- ken <gebser@...> wrote:

      > Good question. I did this very thing with RH9 a
      > year or two ago. The
      > install program has to allow it and, of course, you
      > can't install linux
      > on the partition where the ISOs are located. Has
      > anyone who has
      > installed suse ever seen an option in the install
      > program to "install
      > from disk"?

      Yes, Yast can install software from disk.
      Installing from an ISO image on disk requires the
      image be mounted.

      > A simpler alternative is to download a reduced DVD--
      > somebody put
      > together a suse 9.3 Pro DVD, taking out the 64-bit
      > binaries. Find it at
      > <http://www.interknet.net/bt/?torrent=suse93>. I'm
      > downloading it right
      > now, right now if anyone else wants to jump into an
      > active bittorrent.
      >

      > Randall wrote:
      >
      > >Can the DVD version be installed to a hard drive
      > and can it be ran in a
      > >standard cd drive ?
      > >
      > >Thanks
      > >Randall

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
    • Bill Johnson
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2005
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "ken" <gebser@s...> wrote:
        > The Suse 9.3 Pro DVD ISO is over 8G. How do you burn something that
        big?

        Charcol lighter fluid or a small can of gasoline?

        hehehe.....

        Or on could use a dual layered dvd burner....

        Bill