Reboots at random

  • skemot38
    Message 1 of 1427 , Feb 28, 2001
      Sorry Im talking so much! I am having an
      extremely rare and bizare thing happening to my web server.
      When Im in KDE 2.0.1 and have been working for about
      5-10 minutes, the machine just dies and reboots! No
      error logs, nothing. Its like I hit the reboot button
      or something. I dont know if this happens in console
      mode (havent taken the time). We're trying to rule out
      a short circuiting motherboard or keyboard port.
      Maybe a software error of some sort? Anyone ever seen
      this thing before? However, the machine works great
      when we're not using it! :)
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .