Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Abt linux distros

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
      Jefferson Smith wrote:

      > --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis@H...> wrote:
      >

      >>Fedora Core is deliberately under_maintained, to convince people
      >>to pay for RedHat's high commercial prices.
      >

      > Strange comment; I thought Fedora was not maintained by RedHat,

      That's what I said.
    • Davey Brain
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
        Aaron Kulkis wrote:
        > Jefferson Smith wrote:
        >
        >>--- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis@H...> wrote:
        >>

        >>>Fedora Core is deliberately under_maintained, to convince people
        >>>to pay for RedHat's high commercial prices.
        >>

        >>Strange comment; I thought Fedora was not maintained by RedHat,
        >

        > That's what I said.

        My take on the Fedora project is 10,000 programmers & debuggers working
        for free to develop the next great stable features for Red Hat to sell
        to make tons of money for the company. That is the main reason why I
        switched my Linux box from RH 9.0 to SuSE Pro 9.0 after using RH since V5.2.

        WarpDavey
        --
        Davey Brain
        Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

        "Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the
        private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the
        church and the state forever separate." - Ulysses S. Grant

        This OS/2 uptime is 0 d 17 h 04 m 11 seconds