Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Suse 9 dual boot with XP

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      syyrree wrote:

      > Hi, I have suse 9 & would like to install it on a new harddrive. I
      > currently have a harddrive running XP. I would like to dual boot but
      > have each operating system on its own harddrive. Is this possible?

      Yes.. In fact, it's the preferred method if you have to do it.

      Make the boot the one with Linux installed (the installation will
      set up a GRUB option to boot Windows).

      --
      Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists
      and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine.

      As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      -- Eisenhower
    • Marius
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
        Dear Syyrree,

        Indeed this is the best way to have dual boot system.

        Mario
        Hi, I have suse 9 & would like to install it on a new harddrive. I
        currently have a harddrive running XP. I would like to dual boot but
        have each operating system on its own harddrive. Is this possible?

        Thanks for your time.
        Syyrree

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor