Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Boot issues, missing file... help?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
      Nicole wrote:
      > I had a rather interesting surprise this morning. My computer is set
      > up to dual-boot WinXP and Suse Linux... but it can't boot up WinXP
      > today.

      That sounds like an improvement beyond anything you can imagine.

      Everything has been working fine until now, but I'm getting an
      > error from the bootloader that says that NTLDR is missing. I can only
      > assume that is the NT loader.

      So you're saying Windows self-destructed...why, I've never heard
      of such a thing, ever....how could that stinking pile of shit
      possibly get any worse?
    • Nicole
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        *HUGS*

        Thank you all so much! Yes, I was confused.

        Basically, I thought that grub created a pointer file to the nt loader
        file that windows uses. Following that, I assumed that the pointer
        file was corrupted, and therefore grub was.

        I am working on getting used to using linux, but I spend most of my
        day working in Windows, so it's only in my free time that I get to
        work from Linux. Yes, I'm basically learning it by playing around with
        it, and reading help files when I get stuck.

        Thank you all again for clarifying that this is an issue with the
        windows system itself, not the grub loader.

        :)

        ~Nicole~