cdrecord from emergency boot

  • Jefferson Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Now I've got a problem on top of a problem. I can't get to a shell
      from the kernel (2.6.5) on the HD. I haven't got a network hooked up.
      I have a CD-R. I need to back up my data before working further on my
      boot problem.

      I can emergency boot from a SUSE 9.1 install disk, mount the
      partitions I need saved, but can't see a way to write them to the
      CD-R. In otherwords, cdrecord doesn't work when booted from a CD.

      Harddrive trouble--Emergency boot--Local access only--Peripheral
      limitations... that spells, HELP! --jeffs