Unable to login as root

  • Jai
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2004
      Hello Everybody,

      I am new to Linux and this group. I have installed Suse Linux 9.0 in my desktop.

      I have tried to install Mplayer after logged in as root. But it said some conflict. So left it. Now the problem is I am unable to login as root. When I tried to login as root, just the screen refreshs and login query appears again.

      I have to install now MPICH urgently for my study purpose.

      So please help me..

      Thanks in Advance,

      Have a nice weekend,

      Kind regards,