Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Newbie install on 8.2 Eval

  • Horror Vacui
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2003
      On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:11:05 -0000
      illus_dr_who wrote:

      > I downloaded 8.2 eval from www.linuxiso.org and I am having issues
      > while trying to install. It seems to only install to memory and is
      > running off of the CD! During the installation I get a message that
      > it was unable to find a data drive and settings will not be saved...
      > I'm confused on this and was wondering if this is by design for the
      > eval version, or if I am doing something wrong. I have tried
      > installing in both VM Ware and Connectrix Virtual machine and get
      > the same results. From what I've been able to see (running out of
      > memory) I would love to get this installed but I'm not sure if this
      > issue is something I'm missing... or by design. Any help is
      > appreciated.

      Yes, it's a live-eval CD, running from CD and in memory only. It's what
      it's designed for, exactly like knoppix. To install SuSE on your
      machine, you need the installation disk to start the procedure, and an
      internet connection to download files via FTP.

      Horror Vacui

      Registered Linux user #257714

      - and keep following the GNU.