Re: [SUSE Linux Users] modems

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2003
      I do not think that this is a winmodem it is listed as fully
      compatible on the suse hardware list

      eric

      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, tchpers@n... wrote:
      > Only in that I believe that is a Winmodem
      >
      > "Eric" <twbme@i...> wrote:
      >
      > >does anyone have any experience with the Zoom 56K Dualmode V.90/K56A
      > >Modem #2919
      > >thanks
      > >Erig
    • Matthew Dunaway
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2003
        Did YaST detect your modem?
        I do not think that this is a winmodem it is listed as fully
        compatible on the suse hardware list

        eric

        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, tchpers@n... wrote:
        > Only in that I believe that is a Winmodem
        >
        > "Eric" <twbme@i...> wrote:
        >
        > >does anyone have any experience with the Zoom 56K Dualmode V.90/K56A
        > >Modem #2919
        > >thanks
        > >Erig

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Matthew Dunaway
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2003
          I have a US Robotics modem. When I installed SuSE 8.2, it was not detected.
          I found out that SuSE had to be told where to find it. This website will
          tell you how to tell SuSE (or any other distro) where your modem is, and how
          to set it up so you can connect to the internet.
          http://support.real-time.com/linux/dialup/wvdial.html
          I do not think that this is a winmodem it is listed as fully
          compatible on the suse hardware list

          eric

          --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, tchpers@n... wrote:
          > Only in that I believe that is a Winmodem
          >
          > "Eric" <twbme@i...> wrote:
          >
          > >does anyone have any experience with the Zoom 56K Dualmode V.90/K56A
          > >Modem #2919
          > >thanks
          > >Erig

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Matthew Dunaway
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2003
            What you need from the info that wvdial gives you is the ttyS setting.Mine
            is ttyS4.
            In the taskbar next to the clock, you should see a little plug-type icon.
            Right-click on that and chose configure.You'll see a box with a ttyS number.
            Click in the box and type the ttyS setting you got from wvdial. After you
            enter in the phone number, user-name and password, your done. To connect
            just click on the plug. You should see a little lightning bolt. That means
            it is dialing. When you see 2 plugs together, you're on line. To disconnect,
            click on the plug.
            If this is too confusing, write back and we'll see if we can figure out what
            to do next.
            I do not think that this is a winmodem it is listed as fully
            compatible on the suse hardware list

            eric

            --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, tchpers@n... wrote:
            > Only in that I believe that is a Winmodem
            >
            > "Eric" <twbme@i...> wrote:
            >
            > >does anyone have any experience with the Zoom 56K Dualmode V.90/K56A
            > >Modem #2919
            > >thanks
            > >Erig

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor