Open Office and PRINTER

  • tchpers@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2003
      Hey, Everyone

      I have SuSE 8.1 Professional and using KDE. I have OpenOffice.org 1.1 installed. I also installed a network printer, HP LaserJet 8150DN. I set it up in the YaST2 printer configuration with an 8150 postscript ppd.

      The printer tests just fine from YaST2 printer config test screen in both text and graphic.

      I set up Open Office to print to U.S. Letter, lpr (set to go to 8150), and the print button on the printer flashes twice but no print job.

      I see the printer job flash on the screen after clicking the print button, look at the printer to see it flash twice and then nothing.

      Does anyone out there have a clue as to what may be wrong?

      Your kind assistance is greatly appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Charlie

      --
      Charles James